Monday, October 3, 2011

Lots of this Lately

 The blog hasn't received the attention I would like to give it because I've been extra busy lately with football and subbing.  Yes, the one thing I always dreaded doing -- being a substitute teacher -- is now a part of my near-daily existence.  It's not so bad, really.  In fact, I rather enjoy it.  I just wish that my home team would pick up the slack a bit when we all finally come home at night!!

Here's the new pressbox built over the past few months on $ raised by the sports booster club.  Isn't it a beaut?  The biggest pluses are a) safety on the 2nd and 3rd stories and b) BATHROOMS within a decent walking distance from the game!!  Now if it just had a family suite on the upper level, we would be all set ;)
Speaking of the family, here we are on a paver in front of the concession stand/pressbox.  Yay family!!
 Mark's family has a reunion every Friday night, it seems.  There's always a good turn-out for the Chieftain games. 
 I have to give them credit; I think it would be tough following a bunch of players I don't even know.  But they are great support for the kids and the coach (and assistant coach Ryan)!
 I've been doing a lot of subbing in Cy's class (the fifth grade) lately.  They sang the National Anthem at the game the other night and did a pretty good job!
 The National Anthem is a tough song to sing!  Good job boys and girls!  (And remember to go easy on your sub;)
Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another,agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.--2 Corinthians 13:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home