Friday, September 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Even though this isn't posting till Friday morning, I need to get back to my Thankful Thursdays.

*First of all, I am thankful for my mother and her birthday on this Thursday.  I am so thankful for all of the important things that she is teaching me, like how to be patient, kind, hardworking, loyal, honest, and humble.  I love you, Mom!  Happy Birthday & many more!!
*I am thankful for these crazy kids and for the fact that The Morning Of Picture Day is now over for another year. 

No, these pictures weren't taken on Picture Day.  (Thank goodness!)  I didn't have the luxury of a camera on The Morning Of.  No, I was ironing vests for a last-minute-clothing-change, digging through drawers and laundry baskets for a son who decided to find a t-shirt that must have vanished into the Black Hole, even though he stayed up later than everyone else the night before and could have given me a day's notice ("You lose EVERYTHING, Mom!"), curling hair, and doling out children's pain relievers for 2 sore throats as the bus came rolling down the hill.   Sigh.  No matter how much prep work we do the night before, we still can't get it right.

*I am thankful and prayerful for all of my extended family.

*I am thankful and prayerful for my friends who are facing a big transition in their life/work/home right now.

*I am thankful and prayerful for a new year of Sunday School coming up this weekend.  So thankful for my husband who gutted the church basement, cleaned, made platforms and installed theater seating in the movie room for the kids of our church.  All in "spare time" after football practice and school.  I hope other people are as thankful for this ministry as I am!!  Love you, Mark!!  Good luck Friday night!!
*I am thankful that my Mom and Dad have enough grace, courage, and love to consider a new home that is more accessible to their needs and contains opportunities for a happy future shared with their growing family.  Change is not easy, and when you've been around a little bit, it's even harder.  I am thankful for their positive example of "Let go and Let God". 

  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.--Romans 8: 37-39

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home