Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Remember that song from Shrek 2, right after Shrek wakes up in a human body?


Well, that's kinda how I feel right now, only without the make-over.

A new school year has started, and there are lots of ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES...like this little girlie being added to the picture.

Four mornings a week, I will have no little hands and feet to care for in this big old empty house.

Do you think she's just a LITTLE excited to go to school??! (in stark contrast to her less-than-thrilled big brother)

We said a little prayer while waiting for the bus. Wynne led it. "Dear Jesus, I want to come home every day and go to preschool every day. Amen."

I didn't cry. Yet. I think the fact that it's only 3 hours is part of it...next year when it's full-time kindergarten, hello Kleenex!

Oh, how I wish the picture I snapped when they drove away had turned out. Three (or was it FOUR?) beaming faces, waving out the front window at me. How can I be sad when someone's SO happy?

And yet, here I sit, dreading the ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES. "So the days float through my eyes..."


To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.--King Solomon, Ecclesiastes 3:1

2 Comments:

Blogger Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Oh my!

So many happy, beaming faces! Ava was so excited to go to preschool this morning. I just really, really hope that they stay this excited about school the entire year.

I also realized that three hours is much time to get anything done! LOL!

September 2, 2010 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Amy Siegert said...

My morning zoomed by - I was on the phone with tech support for our camera and hadn't even taken a shower before I realized it was time to pick up my baby!! But I still missed her ;)

September 2, 2010 at 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home