Thursday, April 29, 2010

Little Lambs

What a treat we had last weekend! Not only did we have float building and a father-daughter night going on; there was also a craft party for the twins to attend, and Mark's brother's family drove 3 hours to see us. It was the first time the kids and I had a chance to meet our new nephew/cousin Tage! Isn't he a big boy? So precious.

Here's his big sister Kierta, 21 months old. Another precious little lamb!

And look who came to (SUNDAY) school one day!

One of our Sunday School moms grew up on a sheep farm. Her dad loaned us a ewe for the morning to drum up a little excitement about sheep, shepherding, and the true meaning behind Psalm 23 (which we are currently studying). I don't know if the kids will remember the immortal words of David (I hope they do one day), but I'll bet they remember what a baby sheep sounds, feels, and smells like!


The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever. -- Psalm 23, a song of David.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home