Tuesday, April 6, 2010

One Easter Closer




Easter is my favorite holiday. The colors, the candy, the promise of spring. What a bright shiny time of year!
But for some of us, there is sad stuff going on. A friend's little boy has been in the hospital for two months. Another friend's husband is dealing with the onset of ALS. A mine exploded in West Virginia, killing unknown numbers of people. It's not so bright and shiny right now for a lot of people.



The Good News is that He will never leave us or forsake us. Any kind of suffering we could imagine going through has been experienced and will be shared by our Lord. If only we surrender and realize our need for Him.



I have no pictures of church here, but it was the highight of my Easter weekend. Of course I love gathering with family to celebrate this time of year. The egg hunts, park trips, visits, and backyard fun are all a glorious part of the season. But the best part of all is that Jesus died for us all and that isn't "the end". He conquered death and made a way for us to share the next life with Him! As Pastor Mark pointed out, "We are all one Easter closer to meeting Jesus."




Some might think that is a scary thought, and I used to feel that way. But not anymore! I love the wonderful moments of everyday life, raising our kids and enjoying holidays such as these, but I think I'll love the next life even more. That's why I am so excited to share the Good News with my husband and children, and with anyone else who will listen. I want to be in Jesus' presence, but I definitely want my loved ones to be there, too! We're not guaranteed an endless amount of days on this earth in the status quo.




So "seize the day", be grateful for it, and look forward to what's in store for all who BELIEVE !!


Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. --John 14:1-3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home