Monday, October 12, 2009

Thankful Monday

I am thankful for a loving husband and children. Not always so loving to each other or to me (or from me back to them), but there's a lot of love in this house. Including the sacrificial kind. Over the past weekend I've seen the agony of two marriages around me that are falling apart, and I can't begin to imagine the hurt my friends are going through. Somehow God has blessed me beyond measure in this department. Not much else is on my mind these days, but being thankful for what I have and praying hard for those who don't have that.

I'm thankful for pumpkins that grow despite my horrific gardening skills, for the amazing colors of autumn, and for kids who are for the most part healthy and happy.



I'm thankful for a husband who works hard to provide for his family, yet always has time to wrestle with the kids and keep the house covered in barnboard.

Seriously, just looking at him in this picture makes my heart skip a beat. This could be Mr. October for a Country Boy calendar, couldn't it, ladies?

I'm thankful for terrific friends at church who are helping me put together a Mother-Daughter/ladies-age-5-on-up night with 3 weeks' notice. I'm so thankful for Shelley Hitz for her kind conversation and caring heart, to put words and multi-media images to a cause that is near and dear to my heart (self-image, modesty, and purity). If you're in the area on Friday night, October 30th, bring the girls in your life to be encouraged!

I'm thankful for the One who makes it all possible.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

2 Comments:

Blogger Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Those are some awesome things to be thankful for! Love that photo with the kids with all their pumpkins!

October 12, 2009 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Amy Siegert said...

Thanks Astrid :)

October 12, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home