Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cute Things They Say, Part VI (The All-Cy Version)

When you have a kid home from school, you get to hear lots of funny things.

--We had to run an errand for his dad today, and on the way we passed a buggy. After several moments, Cy asked in all sincerity, "Why would anyone want to be Amish?"

I know that's not politically correct to share, but just the way he said it, with seriousness and curiosity--I guess you had to be there. I had a hard time answering that one (and keeping a straight face).

--"Stop singing, Mom. You're embarrassing me." (Sigh. He's not even 12 or 13 yet.)

--"This (money given to him via get-well-wishers) is my living."

--"The Thrift Shop is for women and old ladies, which is why I'm concerned to go in there." (Notice how women and old ladies are two distinct groups.)

And my personal favorite of the day:

--"Math makes me sweaty."

1 Comments:

Blogger Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

LOL!!!!!

Boys are funny!

September 16, 2009 at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home