Friday, September 18, 2009

Fine'

Well, the project is complete. It disrupted our lives for about three weeks, which is not bad at all.

What was supposed to be a stress reliever for football season is done before Game 4. I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. For us at home, it's great!

Here is my amazing husband working his carpenter magic. Fun for him, get-everybody-out-of-my-way for me.

Here is evidence that I didn't do my job too well. But this is also the laundry room and our entry room, so it's hard to keep everyone out of there!

Here is the kind of thing I do before Wynne wakes up. It was a lot of fun climbing into those cubbies with a paint brush. NOT!!

I debated whether to apply polyurethane. Oh, how I wanted to skip that part. But when you think about how many nicks and scratches the benches & lockers are going to get over the years...and you see this beautiful shine...you figure, might as well go all out. Nobody needs to eat or wear clothes anyway. (And it's more fun than watching kids puke in the living room.)

The hard work was well worth it!

Organizational bliss. And barn beams to match ;)


Look! The best thing that I myself have seen, which is pretty, is that one should eat and drink and see good for all his hard work with which he works hard under the sun for the number of the days of his life that the [true] God has given him, for that is his portion. - Proverbs 5:18

2 Comments:

Blogger Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I think these turned out so well! I wish I had a place in my house for lockers like that. Got any ideas? Mark did an amazing job! I wouldn't have thought to put poly over the paint. I would have missed that one! I bet you are going to love having those lockers for years to come.
:)

September 18, 2009 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger Amy Siegert said...

Your entry hall would be a handy place, but the lockers couldn't be very deep obviously.
Do you have any room back by your garage (from garage to house)?
We are lucky - Mark had this plan in his head when we remodeled the house, so that's why we have such a big laundry room.
I polyurethane darn near everything in this house!

September 18, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home