Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Toy Testing



Well, I still have a lot to learn about our new camera, but its first outing wasn't too bad. I had to take most of Friday night's pictures from the endzone, as I was selling football clothing out of the back of our tailgate, as well. Mooched off of Grandma Jan to help watch Wynne...the twins are very good about staying in my vacinity. Game night multi-tasking...coach's wives, you know what I'm talking about here.


The game went better than expected. We played the perennial conference powerhouse, a team we beat for the first time EVER last year (as I think I said before). We were expecting a really tough grudge match. It didn't happen...their 4th snap of the game was a punt which we blocked darn near close to our endzone. I sure don't mean to brag, because we know full well what it's like to be on the losing end of the stick (especially against this opponent), but we had the game in hand after that.




I took about 200 pictures, and most of them weren't very good. As my husband was looking at them the other day, he asked me, "What were you taking pictures of??" I told him I was practicing. I guess I was watching the game more than looking at the camera screen. This one was supposed to be of #44 on a big run. (He's the player at the far left of your screen!)

Here's a better one of one of the backs. I tend to take more pics on offense than defense because I don't know the game well enough to anticipate stuff.

Here's one of Mark with our starting quarterback, Rockie. He's named after his dad Rockie Junior. Guess what Dad calls his son? Little Rock. I love it!! (Although I'm pretty sure this kid doesn't want to hear "Come on, Little Rock!" at the games.)


Okay, I forget what I was shooting here. Again, I have a tendency to watch the game rather than the camera. It's so hard!!!


Halftime. I changed the setting to get a decent shot of the twins with cousin Brooke.

Daddy's little right-hand girl taking stats!

I heart this picture. Cy and his best buddy Will, the water boys.

Wynne cheering with Grandma! I think "Chieftains" was one of the first words she learned, actually.

Normally, I don't take sideline shots during the game, but this was in the closing moments.

High school boys come in all shapes and sizes! Especially at a small school like ours.

I took a picture for posterity. Lest you think my husband is a vindictive, ruthless coach, I must defend our score. We never once threw the ball, and our JV kids played the entire second half. It was just surreal, being on the end of a blow-out like this against one of the conference favorites who happens to be a division larger than us. Just amazing! (And for the record, Dave is a really nice guy. The camera didn't do him any favors here.)

Win or lose, every game ends in a team huddle and chant.

And the road back up to the locker-room. Filled with community. Win or lose, it's a great place to be!


I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Philippians 4:12

1 Comments:

Blogger Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I think you did great taking photos! It's not easy taking photos in low light conditions- and especially if your subjects are moving quickly. Keep practicing! :)

September 8, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home