Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Yay for My Husband!!

Just a little brag on my husband...the conference coaches voted for him and another guy to share Coach of the Year Honors. He never told me about it; I found out about it when it was in the newspaper! The kids were so excited and proud to see their dad's picture in the local paper yesterday. Cy said, "Look- it's a really big picture. Most of the time they just put you in a little box!! Can I take this to school and show my friends?"

He also received Coach of the Year for our state's district (of the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association). Congratulations, Mark! You have deserved this from day one of season one. I know it's only "high school", but this man puts 150% of himself into our school's football program (from physically tearing down cement walls and expanding the weight room...to the hours of coaching, studying the game, networking with other coaches around the country, breaking down game film, recording defensive and offensive stats after the game, painting the field, making most of the awards (woodworking), creating motivational music, posters, handbooks, helmet awards, etc. etc. etc. Plus still finding time to be an awesome husband and father. Mark backs away from any attention, and after years of coaching struggling teams...this season's conference championship was extra-meaningful for us. No one appreciates or deserves it more than Mark.


Like I said, he didn't tell me about the coaching honors...he is embarrassed by it and would rather give credit to his players and his coaching staff. So congratulations first of all to the Potosi Chieftains, Six Rivers Tri-Conference Champs! First time in 16 years...

Having coached for 15 years, Mark knows how lucky he is to have been working with his friends here for the past 7 seasons. We understand the sacrifices these guys and their families make for our football program, and we are eternally grateful. Here's our Chieftain Football Family:

Thanks everybody! And thanks to my friend Carolyn for taking the pictures.
(And I love you, Coach. Congratulations.)
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, and not for men.--Colossians 3:23

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Congratulations to the whole family!!! What a GREAT year.

November 28, 2008 at 10:02 AM  
Blogger lera said...

Congratulations! What an honor.

(If you email me, I can give you more details on the socks I use for the Holiday Legs.)

December 9, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home