Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sugar & Spice

Ask anyone who visits with us and they will tell you how we have gobs and gobs of dress-up clothes. Relatives and friends pile 'em on us. Okay, I have my moments of garage-sale-indulgence, too. (BONUS: Being a theatre minor and former drama director, it feeds my need to have a costume stash.) I think our largest category of clothes would fall in the ballerina line. It had been a while since I took a picture of the girls dancing, so here's the latest.



I can't tell you how bittersweet this picture is for me. On the one hand, 3 of our little ladies are radiating the joy and inhibition of dance...and I love it! What I DON'T love is the fact that their big sister (now 10) is feeling "too old" for this sort of thing. Sure, she likes to dress up once in a while...but only when the mood strikes her. In fact, just last night she was telling me how she was NEVER going to wear her brother's camouflage shirt for camouflage day at school (Red Ribbon Week dress-up days) because it would make her look dumb. !!INSERT CRYING MOM ICON HERE!! Where did my little girl go? Thank the Lord I have 3 more -- hold on to these moments while you can, folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home