Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Mothering Heart

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of going to a women's event at Sinsinawa Mound with my mom, sister Julie, and her mother-in-law Florence.  We had a wonderful time, laughed, cried, ate good food, saw pretty clothes at a style show--all that good girl stuff.  Jodi Hills was the author/speaker/artist that day, and she was a delight.
Julie, Florence, and Mom
 Jodi talked about the "mothering heart" that we all have, the one that wants to take care and nurture things and people and relationships.  Pastor Mark spoke the next day about the mothering of Naomi, whose love and care for her daughters-in-law (people not related to her) was powerful enough to leave a great impact of faith and loyalty on Ruth's heart.  Whether you give birth to a child or not, if you are a woman--God gave you have a mothering heart!
It was the perfect start to a great Mother's Day weekend!  I am so blessed!

But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God.--Ruth 1:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home