Sunday, April 29, 2012

Coming Home

Dad used to say, "There are worse things than dying."  He was deeply spiritual, and he taught me to rest assured in the loving hands of our God and Father in heaven.  "This too, shall pass," he would say...often.  I know I'm probably repeating myself, but I am so grateful for the faith that my Daddy lived and shared with me.  It is taking on a whole new level of meaning and comfort now.


A few hours before the funeral, Mom & Dad and us kids gathered at the farm (now Tim and Maryellen's home) so that Dad could have one last "look" at the Homestead.  The place where he was born, lived, worked and raised a family.  The land that was so precious to him.  Our home.
 Daddy was probably looking down on our circle as we held hands and said the Lord's Prayer.  I know he was there with us in a new way!
 There are so many things I want to write about, so many memories...so many things I've learned from my parents and from my God and His Word.  But daily demands of work and playing catch-up...along with the emotional and physical exhaustion of the time...I will have to find another time.  
My Mom and siblings asked me to deliver Dad's eulogy.  It was an honor and a privilege.  I had so many things I wanted to say, and I felt like Dad had so many things that he wanted to say, too;)  I prayed that I would be able to get through the message without breaking down too much to carry on...and I had a few friends praying about that, too.  God took care of everything and sent His Spirit to come in and help deliver the words.  Glory to God!!



As hard, sad and painful as it is to realize that Dad has left his home on this earth, it is so very heartwarming and joyful that he has finally made it to the Home we all should be looking forward to, thanks to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!!  Love you lots Daddy!!  

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.--2 Corinthians 4:16-17  (The scripture Dad and I shared the day before he left us for Eternal Glory!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home