Saturday, May 26, 2012

Another Milestone


Guess who was the first child up and out of bed yesterday morning?   Her big sister Ally very kindly offered to fix her hair.  I was sooooo grateful.  I think we've established that I am not a hair stylist.
Our new camera is just not cutting the mustard.  I tried to snap a picture of Wynne walking down the aisle to "Pomp & Circumstance" and also when the principal gave her the diploma.  Neither picture turned out worth a darn.  And look at how white/blurry these are.  Oh well; she's still cute. :)
The class of 15 kindergarteners sang a song about "Kindergarten" to the tune of "Love and Marriage"....and also did a few recitations.  Wynne's lines were "I is for Imagination, used at every turn" and "Y is for Yes! It has been a great year!"  She did not shy away from the microphone or the stage.  Surprised, aren't you?
I swear to you, I did not prompt this picture.  I looked up and there she was, holding up her certificate for all to see!

The beauty of a small town/small school is that you can request that all of your kids be released from class to watch their baby sister graduate!

Of course, Dad wanted a trade:  Pits ticklin' in exchange for your hat back!
Mrs. Muldoon taught the twins and now 3 years later, our baby.  She is expecting a baby girl herself in 2 months!
After the "ceremony" we boarded the bus (moms, some dads, and the "graduates") and tore it up in Dubuque!  We spent the morning at Eagle Point Park.......
Sydney, Wynne, and Havanah 







When did my baby get big enough to do all of the monkey bars by herself ??
If you look closely, you can see her in the background on the blue monkey bars, which add the extra challenge of having rungs that go up and down.  She and some of her friends mastered it by lunchtime!
                                                         The Potosi Class of 2024 !
After a picnic lunch (which is exciting in itself..."Look at my Pringles, everybody!  Look--we have carrots and cheese cubes!!"), we went over to Jumpin Janes.  The inflatable palace of wonder and merriment!  Two of us Moms put on our socks and joined the kids.  The Titanic is rather steep but oh so fun! 


On the ride home, shortly before they got cranky and sleepy.  It was a long, fun day!

Wynne & Rhianna




 










     When the kindergarten "highlight DVD" played and I heard "Let Them Be Little", of course I lost it.  This is our 5th kindergartener, and "now it's time to go to...first grade" as they sang.  It won't slow down any, I have a feeling.  
     My absolute FAVORITE part of the day was the bus ride home, when my baby climbed into my lap and fell asleep.  I wanted to freeze that moment forever and ever and ever.

But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God."  --Luke 18:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home