Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Weekend




It took me a while to get our house gussied up for Valentine's Day (if you can call putting the kids' decorations in the front window "gussied up"), so I'm not ready to let it go yet. Happy Valentine's Day to one and all! (Oh yeah, Happy President's Day too. May all of our presidents be united in Love in our hearts... Or something like that.)

We started out the weekend by making heart-shaped popcorn balls on Thursday night, and Wynne helped me bag them up on Friday.


I can't remember why Woots was looking like that, but I'm sure it was cute. She's my baby so it HAS to be cute.

After school, the whole family loaded up the Suburban (transmission was going on the old van; that's a post for another time) and delivered our corny Valentines to aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Some weren't home, but we did enjoy visiting Mark's brother Joe and my parents.
Then we had our traditional "Valentine's Day Fancy Dinner" on Saturday night. The kids made placemats like this...

and Ally set out our china, while Cy put the menu on my favorite toy, the Crayola Glowboard. (Pictures just don't do it justice.)

On the menu were barbecued pork chops (AKA cheapest thing on sale at the meat department), cheesy potatoes, vegetable soup, corn, crescents and Ho-Ho cake. Oh, and punch in champagne glasses; we can't forget that!

I don't know what this says about my cooking, but the most popular, gobbled-up menu item was the one that came in a tube. You guess!


Oh well, it was a delightful evening with all of my favorite Valentines!

It (love) always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.--1 Corinthians 13:7

2 Comments:

Blogger Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Popcorn balls! What a neat idea! I don't think I've ever tried making them. What a super nice gift! Kind of makes me wish we lived closer to our relatives. On second thought...nah! :) What a fantastic dinner!

Yum!

February 16, 2009 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger Amy Siegert said...

The popcorn balls were an idea stolen from Mark's grandma. They taste really good but can get VERY sticky. A dentist's dream!

February 17, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home