Friday, January 16, 2009

Snow Days Are So "Yesterday"

When I was a kid, snow days (school cancellations) were few and far between. There was the Ice Storm of '76 when we had to milk cows by hand (well, by "we" I mean my Dad and older brothers--I was still a little kid so I just had to sit in the house and blow the ice off of the window to watch)...and the big snowy blast of 1989, I think it was. College classes were actually cancelled because it was so darn cold, snowy, icy, and awful. (Can you tell I am not a snow bunny? The only thing I like about winter--besides Christmas--is a cup of hot chocolate.) I mean, come ON people--we've had 2 and a half days of school cancelled this week!! What is a stay-at-home Slacker Mom to do???!! Heck, I didn't even have time to take any pictures since Sunday's Gingerbread Disaster.
My son tried to venture out yesterday and play in the snow a little bit. When his face froze into prickles of pain after about 2 minutes, he was back in. Told ya so, buddy. (For those of you not in the Midwest, the temperature the past few days has averaged around 25 below, NOT INCLUDING the windchill. A bit brisk.)
Oh well - at least I can look forward to a few weeks in June to get ready for summer vacation!
I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.--Psalm 77:11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home