Sunday, October 5, 2008

Let the Recording Contracts Come Rolling In

A very generous, kind family at church gave us their piano. They wanted it to go to "a good home" (not sure we have that all of the time, but I can dream, can't I?)
I grew up taking organ lessons and went on to play trumpet and sing. Music is a huge part of our lives and so I'm very grateful for the opportunity to learn piano and try to teach it to our kids. They are all so musical (I think most kids have a natural affinity for rhythm & melodies).
Thank goodness my husband's 4 brothers were around this weekend to help haul this thing. Yes, pianos really ARE atrociously heavy.
So here we are, about 24 hours into having a new piano in the house, and they're composing a musical production just in time for Halloween. I think they
call it "The Haunted House". (A better title might be "The Messy House" or "The Upturned Linen Closet".)





















The ghost did a good job of blending into the piano, I think. Not pictured were two little witches who joined in with the chanting of "Boo! Boo! what was that? what was around the corner?" in their best scary voices.
Their father and I are fielding offers right now... gotta go paint the Partridge Family Bus!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home