Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Weekday People

It had been decades since I was part of a classroom Valentine's Party.  I was missing all of this...
I remember the excitement of making a mailbox for my Valentines.  When I was in 3rd grade, I literally had my Valentine's box decorated and in the classroom by the end of January.  We had deeper desks back then...I must have stuffed it in there for weeks.  Mrs. Harrison was pretty good about it because I don't remember her making a fuss about it at all.  Of course, I was a much more mature and responsible child than these hooligans!  (Yeah RIGHT!!)
Doesn't the table look festive?  Alli makes a pretty little accessory, too;)  Oh. the. candy.  When I was a kid (here I go again!), we gave out paper Valentine's, homemade or store-bought.  And that was it.  None of this candy or toys attached to each and every single classmate's Valentine.  Who started this craze?  Because that is what it is.  A CRAZE.  And it makes kids CRAZE-Y!!  Oh, and then there are the crazy parents who let their kids give everybody a BALLOON!  (And I am guilty, too:  Paige made everybody a PAPER AIRPLANE !!)
Ah, yes.  My weekday people.  My job is never boring.  This was last Tuesday, and by Friday I had to turn off the lights to get everyone's attention to say "I've HAD it!"  

But I still love 'em.


 Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.--1 John 3:18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home