Monday, October 31, 2011

By Faith

 Thank you, God, for the good weather on Friday and Saturday.  Moving is hard enough without having to deal with the elements!  Here is the homestead........

...and here is my parents' new home! 
We thought we might get a little start on the move on Friday, but turns out that we did MOST of the moving that day!  It was a nice surprise, being ahead of schedule!
"
Mom and Dad did a GREAT job with the move.  I know it is very, very hard for them to move off of the farm, the place where they have lived together and built their lives for 61 years (and for my dad, most of his 81 years)...but it was time.  God gives us seasons for reasons.  I am so proud of my parents for letting go and letting God!
The whole moving experience over these past couple of weeks has been very cathartic for us.  Sifting through memories, laughing and crying.  It is all good.

To have kids and grandkids come together to help out was very gratifying and much appreciated!
 It doesn't take long to fill up a house, I'll tell you that!

But did you know that all that "stuff" isn't really important?  And sometimes when we hang onto that stuff, it keeps us from being able to grab onto the things that really matter.  The things that are eternal.



 The big basement for family that Mom's always wanted....I think she's worked hard enough and long enough for it!
 I have cried some good cries over this move.   I will miss the farm, the place where I grew up, but I am so excited and happy for my parents to be able to get around in their nice, newer, warm, accessible home WITH A GARAGE.  (What is a garage? They never knew before!)  And I know that God will provide for us all, just as He always has done.  Everything belongs to Him, anyway.  I love you, Mom and Dad!




By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going.  For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.--Hebrews 11: 8 & 10 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home