Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Next Chapter (A Wedding Shower)

My nephew Kyle is getting married to his college sweetheart Mary next month.   They are a very nice, fun-loving couple and we are so happy for them!  
The bride-and-groom-to-be's!   Such a sweet couple.

The girls and I were invited to a wedding shower for Mary at my brother's house.  My sister-in-law and 2 nieces (Kyle's sisters) threw a fabulous party!  Kelsey was serving up some delicious raspberry sherbet punch to Wynne here.
The table spread was delightful.  Chicken salad croissants, spinach and artichoke dip, hummus wraps, veggies and desserts including....
Boozy Chocolate Tart!  I think I heard it had some bourbon in it and some other chocolate liqueur.  You don't need much of this to taste the "boozy" :)
Wynne is right at home with any amount of people, any age.  She can make great table conversation, and...
she also helps deliver and clean up at gift openings!  We decided that she would make a great MC for the wedding reception.  :)
Ken & Kellie have a lovely backyard!  The weather has been gorgeous, too. 
My girls and my sister's girls grew a little bored of the gift opening, so they ended up about a half block down the street at this very fun park!
It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon! 


Make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. --Phillippians 2:2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home