Saturday, February 12, 2011

Double Trouble

Last night our 7-year-olds made their debut on the basketball court. After four Saturdays of Little Chieftains practice, it was the twins' turn to light it up!

It was halftime of the varsity boys' game, so there was a big crowd. The 2nd and 3rd grade girls were sooooo excited!!

I need to learn how to use my camera for action photos. Most were so blurry, but it didn't help that Wynne was constantly bumping into me. Here's Shae taking one of several shots....our girls weren't afraid to shoot, that's for sure!

She shoots....she scores!! Shaeby Shaeby made the first basket of the game!

Not to be outdone, Paige took it to her basket (in the yellow pinnie/black & blue shorts), too.

Look at the height of her "jumper"! Afterwards, Paige commented that it was nice to hear the crowd say "Awwwww" whenever a shot didn't go in. "They wanted us to do well, Mom!"

I know I'm bragging here, but Paige was a defensive DYNAMO. She was all over her girl like flies on you-know-what. The really neat thing was that Paige made a basket, too! As soon as she did, I wiped my brow in relief. I looked over at my husband who was standing on the sidelines, and he was doing the same exact thing! We both knew that if one of our daughters made a basket, the other one would feel REALLY badly if they didn't. So thank you, God, for evening it up!

Six minutes later, sweaty and thrilled, our little girls left the court and ran out to get a drink of water. Final score: 4-2 and I'm not telling you who won because it doesn't matter:) Mark and I were so proud of them, for how much they hustled on both sides of the court, and for how much fun they had. I laughed so hard, cheered, and went on a little rollercoaster throughout their "game"...I can't imagine what it's going to be like when they are older. Our friend Darby, the former varsity girls coach, always said (even when they were babies) "These girls are my ticket out of this town!"

Great job, Shae & Paige!! Here's to many more games and the life skills of practice, turn-taking, and hard work that they teach!

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.--Colossians 3:17

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home