Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hold Your Mouth Right


Ever since their dad started football practice last week, the kids have been inspired to follow in his footsteps; Ally in particular. This week she is running a "basketball camp" for her little sisters, with Cy as her assistant coach. I saw her notebook and it's really quite impressive; she has practice plans, names of drills and methods of teaching the game fundamentals written down. She even has treats mentioned (popsicles including what flavors the girls will earn at the end of each day's work-out)!

With all of the children happily occupied, I tried my hand at sports photography. (You'll notice the girls have their "camp shirts" on yesterday, and today must have been Blue Day or something like that.)





When I was a kid, my dad would often tell me to "Hold your mouth right" because my tongue was sticking out just a bit, my mind focused in total concentration on the task at hand. Usually the task was something physical, not mental...and me being a "wicked" kid ("God you're WICKED!" Dad would say as I clumsily failed something like pouring a glass of milk or carrying a feed bucket without spilling), I needed all of the help I could get. Perhaps the tongue made its appearance as a means of support, a subconscious way for me to complete the task at hand. (Or maybe I was just a klutz; plain and simple!) At any rate, I felt a mix of nostalgia and pride as I took a closer look at my girls. Here's Shae...


...and here's Paige. Hold your mouth right, honey!!


Dang, that last one is a pretty good snapshot, isn't it? I can't take credit for it, though. Coach Ally had the camera for that one. I love it!!




Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.--Exodus 20:12

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home