Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for technology. Can't believe I am saying that, but it's true! It allows me to write and create so much quicker/easier than I did ten years ago. I know that it has its limitations and can be dangerous/get out of hand/consume too much time, but I am also aware of its good points. I think of all of the good people and connections I've made that would have never happened without technology...

*Dennis Siler of Living Waters Bible Camp, on fire for God's Truth in our Creation!

*Shelley Hitz, author of "Mirror, Mirror, Am I Beauty" and the True Beauty website for teen girls and women of all ages

*Elizabeth Jackson, a dear fellow coach's wife who first inspired me with her book and then through years of e-mail correspondence and phone calls!

*Rex Hanson and his puppet ministry team
I am thankful for all of these people, connections, and more. When I think of what we've bought and sold on Craigslist...what ideas I've gleaned and modified to make for our home, kids, and gifts...the people we've helped through missions...the events we've attended that I would have otherwise never known about...the things I've learned from classes I've taken...how quickly I can share my thoughts and prayers with family and friends through this blog, family/church/class websites and more...it blows me away.

I don't want to ever be so connected to the screen and keyboard that I lose touch with real people and relationships. I consider technology as a way to enhance those relationships. There has to be a balance!

...for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.--Philippians 2:13

1 Comments:

Blogger Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I totally agree- technology is certainly something to be grateful and thankful for! Great post!

March 24, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home