Thursday, October 28, 2010

Boys Night, Girls Night!

Nothing too much going on around here these days...except for some POST-SEASON FOOTBALL!!
Our team wrapped up its regular season last Thursday night with a home game against Belmont. It was Senior Night, and we honored these 11 boys who have put in 4 (and probably 6) years of hard work for our football program. Mark has a special place in his heart for this group of seniors, as they have overcome many personal obstacles to mesh together and lead this team. We will really miss them, but we're not finished yet, are we boys? We opened up the playoffs with a 60-8 victory on Tuesday night (over Wauzeka-Steuben) and now take on the Seneca Indians on Saturday. The playoffs are do-or-die, so let's keep on-a-doin'!!!

On the church front, we are gearing up for our 2nd annual Girls Night Out. Oh yeah!! I have been busy working on a Bible study I'll lead with the tweens (girls ages 9-12, and their moms), and I'm really looking forward to meeting our keynoter/worship leader Ann Duval in person. Girls aged kindergarten on up are invited, and my mom & aunt are coming, so I'm really looking forward to it! So are Shae and Paige! (and maybe even our big girl Ally, although she doesn't let on ;) The theme is "Freedom from People-Pleasing", and I'm borrowing Ally's Bible study magazine on Proverbs to lead a lesson & activity on Proverbs 3. Girls for God Unite!! Can't wait!!

Then tonight we have "Trunk or Treat" - - decorating the back of the Burb to hand out candy in the school parking lot. Wynne has decided to wear a new costume tonight so stay tuned for a pictorial update (when I get the time! ack!) ! Sometime between setting up at church today and dropping Cy off at Gabe's birthday party, we will hopefully find time to make scarecrow suckers and add gospel tracts (because I'll try to evangelize any chance I can get;). Should be fun! The main thing is, to stay focused on Who's important and not get too busy for His people. I have to keep reminding myself (and my kids) of that!

I came to bring truth to the world. All who love the truth recognize that what I say is true. John 18:37 NLT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home