Thursday, February 11, 2010

Autobots, Roll Out

I've heard Peter Cullen's voice more times than I care to count these past few months.

Cy has become swept up in the Transformers craze, thanks to the recent films "Transformers" and "Revenge of the Fallen". Every day he's on the computer, playing on the Transformers website or watching clips from the movies. I tried watching the first movie with my boys last week, and it must be a guy thing. I wasn't "transformed". Robots from space that turn into vehicles and fight each other, that's what I got out of it. Plus a lot of cleavage from the lead female character. (Like I said, it must be a guy thing.) My husband even told me the other day, "Hey- you have Megan Fox's thumbs!" I am so honored. (To be truthful, I wish Megan and I shared a few other physical characteristics!)

So I shouldn't have been surprised when our son wanted to shell out $45 of his own money to buy a plastic Optimus Prime. Mark and I have been trying to teach Cy to save his money and be a discerning consumer, but this time even Mark was convinced it was a worthwhile purchase. When our local Walmart didn't carry the Autobots' leader, Cy was excited to discover "him" at the Walmart in Galena on the night after Ally's last basketball game. It was fate!

The transformation of this Optimus Prime thing is a 4 out of 4, meaning the greatest difficulty possible. Knowing the frustration level of our son for certain Lego sets, Mark and I figured it would take about half a day for Cy to give up on transforming the thing. Mark even tried and compared it to a Rubik's Cube. But after a few days of trying, Cy accomplished his mission. Check it out.

I have to admit, this thing is rather impressive. Heck, even his little sisters are playing Transformers with him now. Wynne is Bumblebee, Shae is Skids, and Paige is Fireflight or something like that. I don't know for sure. Maybe it isn't such a "guy thing" after all!!

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be TRANSFORMED by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.--Romans 12:2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home