Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What Comes After T-ball...U-Ball?**

My life slowed down a lot this week. T-ball is over. What do I do with my free time on Monday and Wednesday mornings now? (I know! Post on the blog! LOL)

Actually, I kind of miss it. Lugging a box of crackers and 4 bottles of water across the football field to see one child play at the baseball field, while 2 others battle it out on the softball field. Hoping that Wynne doesn't have to "go potty" while we are over on the baseball field because the choices are: A) Smelly portapotty, or B) walk half a mile over to the school and use the closest restroom. Moms know that neither choice is appealing.

Back to the game. Paige played 3rd baseman for her last game of the season. One of those rare times we remembered to take our ball gloves to the field! (Usually, the water bottles took precedence over ball gloves. Go figure.)

Roosie running to second. Check out that form!

My children have imposed the EIO (similar to, but not to be confused with, the QEO of my husband's teacher contract language). The EIO is "Equal Inning Opportunity", which in all essence means, "Mom you have to watch as much of my game as you watched of my sister's game!!" So in light of the EIO, we watched two innings of Paige's game, then mosied on over to Shae & Cy's game. For some reason, this year the siblings were all placed on different teams. (So I had 3 kids on 3 different teams, 2 always playing against each other. Made for some interesting pre- and post-game conversations in the Suburban.)
Hurry up, Wynnie! We have to get over to the softball field before Shae gets to bat! Because in addition to the EIO, there is also the WMB obligation. Watch me bat!!

Before I forget, these little girls had to play with 3rd and 4th graders last week when Ally's team was short on players. Paige and Shae graduated from t-ball to coach pitch in less than 8 hours last week. It was kind of stressful for them, but I think they had fun. Shae ("Team Green") actually had two decent hits!
So here she is, running the bases and leaving her big brother wondering, "How did she get to be so good?"

I love watching Cy in the field. Ever the social butterfly, he is more interested in talking with his best buddy Will than in the action of the game. T-ball? Phht...I'm way past this. Boring.

Of course, when it is time for the Big Slugger to bat, he has to wear his batting gloves. You just can't get a good grip on the bat without your gloves, right Cyrus?


After every game, Cy would announce, "We creamed them." Even though there are no outs, everybody bats each inning, and they don't keep score. We creamed them.

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.--Ecclesiastes 1:9


**This entire post is written tongue-in-cheek. I love my kids and I love sports ! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Apparently I've got a lot to learn when it comes to sports! LOL!

July 22, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home