Friday, May 1, 2009

My EXPO-se'

So Astrid and I tried our hand at "vending". She with her business, Budding Artist Books and my business ...we shared a table because I couldn't afford the entry fee otherwise.

Anyway, we had a great time! I guess I should speak for myself, huh Astrid?


Being a stay-at-home mom, I don't get out of the house much. This expo was wonderful because they had FREE childcare and lots of friendly ladies of all ages milling around--ready to visit! Here's what our booth looked like before the expo started:



I felt like we had lots of interest in our books. I talked with people I knew and people I didn't know. I snagged one "book deal" out of the night so I think that's pretty good!

Astrid has an eye for design and good ideas for marketing, too. She came up with a questionnaire for people to fill out, and she designed a canvas bag filled with art supplies (her business tie-in) and a disposable camera (my tie-in) to use as a door prize. We also gave out a bigger door prize to the assembly (I gave out a memory stick and coupon for $10 off one of my books). And just for posterity here lies the candy we had at our table: "Sweet books--Budding Artist & Say It Again" etc.


Note for future reference: Ladies don't like peppermints. I started with 288 of these things (thanks to Wynne for her stickin' help!!) and ended up with probably 278 of them. Now I don't know about guys. Maybe if there were men in attendance, peppermints would have gone over really big. (This was a women's expo.) Or kids. Throw some kids in there and the basket would have been empty half an hour into it.

Oh well - no big regrets. It was fun and hopefully our names/businesses "got out there". You know what they say...nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.--2 Corinthians 9:6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home