Friday, January 9, 2009

My New Business

I feel kind of funny posting about this since it's not really "new"...I mean, it's been 4 years since I officially launched myself into the family story preservation business with Heritage Makers. However, now I am trying to scratch items off my list of New Year's Resolutions...so here it is...

Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to introduce my new audio-photo memory book business:

SAY IT AGAIN Books.


After a few years of wrestling with the mission, the logistics, and the actual product, I think it's time to just jump in and get my feet wet(ter). I've been interviewing people about their personal histories and local history since I was in junior high, and I just love it. The thing that has kept me from really launching this before is that I felt like "People can do this for themselves." And that, to a certain extent, is quite true. People CAN write their own histories, scan their own photos/drawings/mementos, and make their own books. But how many people will take the time to do it? AND I'm thinking I have a fairly original twist on the memory book with my audio component. After months of "techie" research, I'm now able to produce a pretty neat audio CD of the author's voice telling the story, set to music. There's nothing like hearing someone's voice that really takes you back, adding that personal touch to it. The results are emotional and special.

So without further adieu, as we end the first full week of the first month of the year....I present to you my business website:
http://sayitagain.weebly.com

I can't wait to help more people bring their stories to life (in print and in voice). It would be nice to make a little money while I'm at it (because it takes a LOOOOOONG time to produce such a keepsake), but that is not the main reason behind Say It Again Books. My business mission is to help people realize that everybody has a story to tell, and those stories (the good, the bad, the mundane) are all an important part of who we are. Our stories need to be recorded before they are lost. No matter if it's someone's Top 10 lists, a line of jokes, a few anecdotes, or a full-blown autobiography...this is the essence of an individual. Yet through our individual stories, there is something universal that we all share. God made each one of us different, yet inter-connected. I look forward to discovering those differences and similarities!

"See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland."--Isaiah 43:19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home