Tuesday, July 15, 2008

That Tired, Awesome Feeling

We had our 4th annual VBS here in Potosi last week. I am on the planning committee and wrote the curriculum this year, so I felt extra pressure for all to go well. Everybody really pitched in to make it a success, and I am so grateful for all my Christian friends in this community! I am also grateful to the school district for letting us hold this event at our public school- that makes it less intimidating for the unchurched and is an excellent outreach for us.
Our VBS is different because we represent different churches, but we all hold the same basic beliefs that God is BIG! (our Shrek theme this year) and that we are to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with everyone through our actions, words, worship, and prayer. Being on the music and skit team, I get to work up-close with the kids --we had 63 in all (ages 3-grade 6)--so it is extra-fun and very high-energy for me.
We ended 5 days ago and I'm still exhausted. But it's the good kind of exhausted...the awesome feeling you get when you give glory to the One who made us.
After the closing night program and carnival, our kids dug into my costume bag and re-enacted the week's skits. I would have enjoyed it more had it not been 10:00 p.m., but oh well, I should appreciate their enthusiasm, right?

Cy was the Woodsman (his dad's part in the skits), Paige was Donkey, Ally was Fiona, Wynne was a Fairy Tale Princess, and Shae was Fiona 2 (because you can never have enough strong women in the house).
I'm saved by grace though faith! - Ephesians 2: 8-9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home