Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Mark!

Thirteen years ago you and I started learning about what Love is and how much work it can be. Being your wife is something I started dreaming about when we were in high school, long before we even dated. I must admit that our marriage is nothing like I thought it would be--and I don't mean that in a bad way. It goes beyond anything I could have ever dreamed about; it is more meaningful, more painful, and more joyful than comprehension. Thank God for His guidance and His example of what Love is (Jesus). He teaches me so much through you. I love you dearly!!

Today is the one date night we get every year!! WooHOO!! I am hoping that this fall we can make another date night to watch Fireproof. Its theme song, "Love Is Not a Fight" by Warren Barfield, is awesome. Here's what Barfield wrote about it:

"I learned through a fight (with my wife) that Love is not a battle. It isn’t angry. It isn’t a fight, but it is something worth fighting for. I want to be fighting for my wife, not fighting with her. Christ is the ultimate example of what it means to fight for love. He accepted blame that wasn’t His, and gave His life for the ones He loved. I want to follow His lead and exhaust myself for Love. I hope the song encourages everyone that hears it to fight for Love. I have received story after story of how the song is at work in people’s lives. I pray it continues to do its work."

LOVE IS NOT A FIGHT
by Warren Barfield

Love is not a place
To come and go as we please
It’s a house we enter in
And then commit to never leave
Lock the door behind you
Throw away the key
We’ll work it out together
Let it bring us to our knees

Love is a shelter in the raging storm
Love is peace in the middle of a war
If we try to leave,
may God send His angels to guard the door
No, love is not a fight
but it’s something worth fighting for

To some, love is a word
That they can fall into
But when they’re falling out
Keeping that word is hard to do

Love will come to save us
If we’ll only call
He will ask nothing of us
But demand we give our all
I will fight for you
Would you fight for me?
It’s worth fighting for

Thank you, Mark, for marrying me and fighting for me!
Love, Amy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home