Friday, May 23, 2008

In Memory of the "Cinderella Girl"


Memorial Day weekend is here and I have been trying to find words to express my sympathy and sorrow for the family of Maria Chapman, a little girl who died last week in an accident at her home (see link below). Maria is the youngest daughter of Steven Curtis & Mary Beth Chapman. (For those who may not know, Steven Curtis Chapman is a Christian music artist.)

About a month ago I heard Chapman's song "Cinderella" on the radio and fell in love with the lyrics (posted below). This song takes on an extra meaning now as their family deals with this horrible tragedy. My prayers are with the Chapman family!

CINDERELLA - by Steven Curtis Chapman
She spins and she sways
To whatever song plays
Without a care in the world
And I'm sitting here wearing

The weight of the world on my shoulders
It's been a long day
And there's still work to do
She's pulling at me Saying "Dad, I need you
There's a ball at the castle
And I've been invited
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

(Chorus:)
So I danced with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I danced with Cinderella
I don't wanna miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...


She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of her dress
She says, "Dad, the prom is just one week away
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?" (Chorus)


Well, she came home today with a ring on her hand
Just glowing and telling us all they had planned
She says, "Dad, the wedding's still six months away
But I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?" (Chorus)



If you have daughters, you can SO relate to the lyrics. I am not as good as their daddy about slowing down to dance with our girls. I have to go hug my Cinderellas now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home