Thursday, July 21, 2016

Heavenbound

This spring heaven gained a new member, and we miss her.  Love you, Grandma!  

 Grandma Joan.  Grandma Dubuque, as our kids knew her.  Mark's grandma, Chieftain Football Bread Baker and #1 Fan, Joanie, Mom, Wad...reunited with Grandpa Jim.
Grandma Joan welcomed me into the family right away.  I'll never forget going my visit to see Grrandpa Jim and Grandma Joan on Wilbrecht Lane; she was up on a ladder painting the carport.  I thought, 'what a spry lady for being somebody's grandma!'  And she defied age like that for decades, with no medication and few ailments.  I remember her rosary, her homemade pies, her sewing creations, her wit, and her pickles.  Ah, the pickles.  
Thanks for everything, Grandma Joan!  Love you!


Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles. --Psalm 119:50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home