Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sunday Sweets

Even though I gave up sweets for Lent, I cannot deprive my family of Sunday breakfast, can I??
So I do a little cheat.  (Yeah, a cheat on a Sunday...how bad can I get?!) 
Tradition at our church is usually "Muffin Sunday" where I bake up some muffins that are quick to eat on a Sunday morning as we get ready for Sunday School and church.  Not too much clean-up, fills up the tummies until snack time or after church.  Well, one of the kids requested that I make cinnamon rolls, and since I have been on a baking "fast" for the past 30 days or so, I was eager to comply on this matter.  I found GoofyDebbie's 90-minute Cinnamon Rolls and hit the jackpot!

Just look at all that brown sugary-buttery-cinnamony goodness.  (These were actually prepared on Saturday night so I wouldn't have clean-up on Sunday morning.)
Roll em up and cut em with a pizza cutter.  Let rise for a half-hour or so...Heaven...I'm in heaven....

 Out of the oven and ready to eat!  Oh, but you might want to put a little icing on top.  Because we need to add more carbs and sugars to keep us going through the morning. 
Just another reason to love Sundays!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Those rolls are drool-worthy! I might have licked the computer monitor or not. Not going to say! LOL! Definitely an awesome Sunday Sweet!

April 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home