Friday, June 5, 2009

Where's the Land of the Free?

This week has been super busy, and I fear that my blogging will fall by the wayside once the kids are officially "out" of school. I will try my best to sneak a few moments on the computer for more than 2-minute recipe-finding!

In the meantime, I noticed this news story on my MSN page the other day. I don't have time or sufficient knowledge right now to go into detail about the ins and outs of our consitution, but I will say this: Nowhere in the constitution does the phrase "separation of church and state" appear. Yes, it is unconstitutional to force your religion on others, but I don't think that was happening at this kindergarten show-and-tell time. Yikes, good thing our school didn't forbid my oldest from drawing a picture of Jesus by the tomb during her kindergarten Easter project time! And I can't tell you how grateful I am to be able to have our after-school kids club and Vacation Bible Schools held at our school (PUBLIC) school. Thank heavens that our school actually follows the constitution!

One of the reasons this country was created in the first place was to have the freedom to worship God in a way not ordained by the government. Unfortunately, some people (including school officials) are confused by that. If they only realized that God is bigger than any court or government!

Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.--Deuteronomy 11:19

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home